“The greatest wealth is health” we have heard this since our childhood, but during this pandemic we all have experienced how important our health is, and how important it is to maintain Healthy lifestyle! Healthy lifestyle is not only related to physical health but also refers to mental health. We all know how troublesome it was to maintain our mental health during pandemic! It became difficult for us cope up with stress, our atmosphere was surrounded with anxiety, depression and other psychological issues, we experienced this because our health was never a matter of concern for us, since we believe that ‘health is never an issue until we fall sick’. We cannot compromise with our health even for one day; good health will keep us away from the mental and physical disabilities. It is very important to maintain healthy lifestyle because healthy life is key to happiness and a positive mindset.
Our generation who is entirely into computers, pizzas and late night parties has almost forgotten what it means to live a healthy life. Balanced diet, exercise, yoga are not just the words that needs to be mentioned in our journal, however these are the vital formula which everybody needs to include in their daily lifestyle.
- Balanced diet: Eating food which has all the essential factors like carbs, proteins, vitamins, minerals, nutrients is a balanced diet.
- Regular exercise: Regular exercise will deliver oxygen, it will improve muscle strength, it will strengthen the heart, improve blood circulation and enhance flexibility.
- Yoga: Yoga is not a religion; it is a way of living with the objective of healthy mind and healthy body. It will surely improve a person’s mental well- being.
- Meditation: Meditation will keep you calm; it will bring balance and peace in your life which is beneficial for emotional well-being and for overall health.
- Staying hydrated: Drinking adequate amount of water is very crucial to regulate body temperature, to prevent infections; it will allow the organs to function properly. Being hydrated also improves sleeping quality.
- Avoiding junk food: Eating junk food will leads to obesity, chronic disease, loss of appetite, digestion problem because it contain high sugar, salt, saturated fats and Trans fats.
Intake of balanced diet, nutritious food, regular exercise, adequate sleep, yoga, meditation, positive thinking, jogging, staying hydrated, avoiding alcohol, smoking, and unhealthy junk food, these are the key things which needs to be followed, to live a healthy and happy lifestyle. A healthy lifestyle will reduce the risk of life threatening diseases. Living life without goal leads to delusion, and therefore we must aim to live a healthy life since it is today’s urge and need, because, “Good health is not something we can buy”, we will have to work hard to maintain our lifestyle healthy . I would like to conclude with, “GOOD HEALTH = GOOD LIFE”, so work hard until you get success!